BadApple 发表于 2012-3-18 07:27

今年申请Western有免语言考试得政策么?是几年?

RT

lefthand 发表于 2012-3-18 21:53

我申请的那年是4年

idayunzhenxo 发表于 2012-4-30 18:43

你好,我是2011/2012的applicant,当时申请的时候和你有过同样的困惑!我是10年级从国内过来的,但我曾在温哥华上过三年小学,回国后在上初中前也是上的国际学校。给你附上我和admission officers之间的邮件,希望能够解答你的困惑!但我还是强烈建议你联系一下Western,好像是因人而异。我bold的都是我觉得的重要信息!
---

Subject: Question about English Language Proficiency
To: liaison@uwo.ca

To Whom It May Concern,

I am currently a Grade 12 student studying in Ontario interested in applying to UWO. I came to Canada in Grade 10 from China, however I did attend elementary school in Vancouver for 3 years. Also, I was enrolled in an international school while I was in China. In my recent years here, I have been able to maintain a 85% in both my Grade 10 Academic and Grade 11 University English, and achieved a 95.3% average in Grade 11. I have never taken ESL in high school.

Last semester, my guidance counselor, ***, sent the undergraduate admissions registrar, Mr. Cutler, an email asking whether the English Language Proficiency Requirement has been revised from 4 years to 3 years prior to studying at UWO. He replied saying that the requirements have been changed for 2011-2012 applicants, yet the liaison officer that came to my school today told me to double check because UWO has different standards for different high schools. I currently go to *** School in ***, Ontario.

My question is, do I still have to take the TOEFL in order to be considered for admission to UWO?

Attached please see Mr. Cutler's email to my Guidance Counselor in March.

Thank you!

Ida Ji
-
Hi Ida,

Thank you for your message! I am sorry about the confusing messages.

With your strong background in English, I do not believe that you will be asked to submit TOEFL scores.

The advertised requirement is 4 years within an English education system. However, Lucas Cutler provided correct information when he told your guidance counselor that next year we will be accepting students with 3 years in an English system. You will have Gr. 10, 11, and 12 which should be acceptable.

Admission officers also have discretion to waive the requirement for TOEFL if a student demonstrates English proficiency. So if for some reason you were asked to submit TOEFL scores, you could call the admissions office and demonstrate your english language skills.

You could call Lucas Cutler:
Lucas Cutler: 519-661-2111 ext. 84873

Or another admissions officer at 519-661-2100

Please let me know if you have any further questions- I am happy to help any way that I can!

Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Armstrong
Liaison Officer
The University of Western Ontario
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 今年申请Western有免语言考试得政策么?是几年?